Where are the best spots to hear frogs? On Tuesday 21 September, Jane Petch, Frog Census & Waterwatch Coordinator at Melbourne Water, and Julia Cirillo, Waterwatch Coordinator at Merri Creek Management Committee, hosted a ‘roundtable’ discussion with experienced "froggers" from around Melbourne who shared their top sites for hearing frogs.
This family friendly event catered for new froggers and experienced froggers alike.
The Froginar covered:
• where are good locations to visit to hear frogs, and when to go;
• what are the main frog species you are likely to hear;
• how to use the frog census app and why it is important;
• frogging safely and with minimal ecological impact;
• where are our gaps in knowledge and how you can help;
• what makes a good frog habitat and how can we all help increase frog numbers;
• any other froggy questions you have.
Funded by Melbourne Water
(Photo: Southern Brown Tree Frog by Wendy Purcell)