Merri Creek Management Committee provides services for local government, government agencies, private clients and community organisations.
The range of services we offer includes:
- Ecological Surveys,
- Ecological Restoration,
- Strategic Waterway and Open Space Planning, and
- Environmental Education
Our current Ecological Restoration work includes projects with local government, agencies, community groups and private clients:
- Merri Creek bushland maintenance and specialist grassland management contracts - Moreland and Darebin Councils.
- Biosite assessment, ecological works planning and on ground ecological restoration works - MetroTrains, Level Crossing Authority and APA Group.
- Design and implementation of specialised Merri Creek vegetation restoration works - Melbourne Water Corridors of Green program, Darebin, Hume, Moreland and Yarra Councils.
- Design and implementation of community partnership waterway ecological restoration projects - Collingwood Children's Farm and Friends of Merri Creek.
Our Ecological Survey and Assessment work includes:
- Golden Sun Moth Surveys - Hume Council, private clients, Friends of Merri Creek
- Plant surveys - Threatened Species, Habitat Hectare Assessments
- Insect Pollinator Surveys
Our training delivery includes:
- Grass ID workshops - Mitchell Shire
- Habitat Gardening workshops - community
- Rare Species ID and species management needs - Melbourne Water
- Waterwatch - Green Army
- Frog Census - Community